Monday, February 6, 2012

Digital Camera and Photography Accessories

     When I purchase a digital camera whether it is a point and shoot, dslr or even a video camera; the purchase is an investment.  People invest a lot of money in photography whether it is a hobby or a profession.  I believe that it is important to protect my investments.  Whenever I purchase a new camera I always purchase everything I will need to protect and take care of my camera.  I also purchase everything I need to use my camera to its full potential.
     Click here to see where I go to purchase my photography needs.  My family and I enjoy going on family outings.  The best way for us to share our adventures with friends and family that come to our home is in a photo album, which for me is a lot of work and money if I make copies of the photo's for the photo album.  I like to keep it simple so I keep all of our family adventures out in the open with digital frames.  Digital frames very in prices.  They range from 40 dollars up to over 200 dollars.  It really depends on the size of the frame, how many pictures the frame holds in memory and some frames have remote controls.
     The first item I buy along with my point and shoot camera is a hard camera case.  I like the cases that hook on my belt the most.  For me they are out of my way until I need my camera.  Some cases have long straps to hang around your neck or wrist and these are good too. 
     The second items I buy with a small digital camera are  extra camera batteries.  I prefer to buy cameras with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.  My experience in the past with double AA batteries has been expensive and the rechargeable ones do not last very long.
     The third and very important item is a digital camera cleaning kit.  I like to use the water proof cleaning kit for my trips.  These kits are really cheap and they have everything in them to keep my camera working in great condition.
     Memory cards are very important to have and they come in several memory sizes.  A person can keep hundreds to thousands of pictures on one card.  I really enjoy using them today.  I can recall when I was younger and cameras used film that had to be developed.  Those days are fading away in the tech world we live in today.
    When I buy a dslr, my dslr accessories will be different in some ways.  Dslr's require camera bags because they require more room for more accessories.  Dslr flashes are sometimes needed and they come in many varieties and sizes.  Slr lenses are made by the manufacture for different model dslr's.  These lenses are interchangeable for different effects and zooming.  Some dslrs require lens filters for different lenses.
     Some people turn photography into a professional career and they might require advanced accessories like camera tripods for still pictures and portraits.  When photographers are doing portraits and still shoots they may require studio lighting.  Sometimes photographers have to work in difficult situations that require them to use camera remotes.
     Today's digital camera world allows us to use our laptops and pc's to download our pictures for editing and filing.  In order to do these we have to have digital camera software to transfer the digital images.  There are many different types of software and they vary in prices.  Its best to pick the software that suits your editing needs.  Most digital cameras should already have the software for transferring images when you purchase a new digital camera from a store.
     As you can see there are a lot of accessories that can go with cameras.  If your just starting out with your first camera you can keep it simple with the basic needs listed above.  If photography is turning into a hobby then have fun and invest slowly into your hobby.  If your a professional photographer and know what you want and need we can help meet your demands at great prices.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment